[su_quote]I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.[/su_quote] Mahatma Gandhi
- I could not have got a better quote on leadership for the beginning of the post. True! Leadership is all about people – how you talk to them, how you inspire them, how you motivate them, how you train them to be great leaders. A leader is a people’s person.
[su_quote]Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.[/su_quote] Sheryl Sandberg
- Love this one. It proved so true in my case. Heard about her book and concept of “Lean In and Lean Out” in one of the meetings I attended. And guess what, I chose to “Lean In”. Her (Sheryl’s) impact does last even in her absence 🙂
[su_quote]Leaders don’t create followers, they create more leaders.[/su_quote] Tom Peters
- So very true. One is not a good leader, if not creating a trail of leaders behind him or her. It simply means that the person is not able to inspire others enough to take on the role of a leader. The followers are not convinced to leave their territory of followership and move into leadership. A leader has to be a great role model.
[su_quote]As a leader, your every action has a consequence, make sure it is one you intend.[/su_quote] Katherine Bryant
- A leader is always under watch by others. He has to tread the path of being a leader very cautiously and with utmost care. Every action of his becomes a landmark – good or bad, is what matters.
[su_quote]Great leaders do not blame the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them.[/su_quote] Simon O. Sinek
- Great leaders lead by examples, it is only the poor carpenter who blames the tools. Great leaders bring out the best in others by setting the trend of innovative, unconventional thinking and uncommon leadership.
[su_quote]Remember the difference between a boss and a leader: a boss says, “Go”; a leader says, “Let’s go!”[/su_quote] E. M. Kelly
- Leadership is about taking responsibility, taking the onus of what is delivered, delegated and done. A leader shows people their own strength and ability of doing things, what they are capable of achieving.
[su_quote]A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.[/su_quote] John C. Maxwell
- Leadership is not about position or titles. It is about encouraging the heart, creating a vision and having the courage to follow the passion.
[su_quote]Leaders are more powerful role models when they learn than when they teach.[/su_quote] Rosabeth Moss Kanter
- The moment you say you know it all, you stop growing. It is not that only children learn and grow; the same is equally correct for the parents. In a corporate, it stands true for the leaders. To keep the growth chart moving up, you need to learn along with teaching and training others.
[su_quote]A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.[/su_quote] Lao Tzu
- When the team members feel that they are the pilots, they are the leading change agents and are committed to deliver what is expected of them, that is the victory of a leader. He has been successful in planting the seed of responsibility and accountability. People are ready to walk the path on their own.
[su_quote]If your actions inspire others to learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.[/su_quote] John Quincy Adams
- Leading will stretch you; at times will wear you down. If you are able to grow others with your actions then you are a great leader.
If such thoughts inspire and motivate you to take actions so that you are able to reach your dream goals, share your dreams and vision with us. We will help you achieve them with our leadership training programs and workshops, both offsite and in-house.