What is Stress? Everyone now a days so commonly uses the term. Sometimes I feel as if it is available free, free, free.
You must be thinking what??? Have I lost it or am I under too much of stress. Well, let me first begin by giving the dictionary definition for the term Stress, [su_highlight background=”#d399ff”]”It is a state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or demanding circumstances.“[/su_highlight]
Yes, I am talking about this mental or emotional Stress and not about making a point either in writing or through speech (this also means to Stress)
Leave aside adults even children use the term stress so frequently and with such an ease. Don’t you think we are unnecessarily giving so much importance to a condition or state of mind, which actually is of no use to us? I know this point is debatable. However, if you look at the extreme side of the whole situation around you, you will find people simply giving in to stress. They talk a lot about it, read a lot about it, even discuss and debate about stress but actually do nothing to throw it away from their lives.
No, No, No, it does not mean that they are not aware of its adverse effects on their lives but they have accepted it to be that part of their being that now they have actually started enjoying living with it. I am not joking, not at all. They use it as a wonderful excuse for not doing things rightly or on time. Before you start preparing a counter point to it please introspect and spend some time to ponder over the point that I want to stress over here.
It is so easy to lead a happy, stress free life. I mean it and am a living example of it. It is not that I do not have any responsibilities or I do not have people around me for whom I am responsible and accountable or I am leading a life of a saint away from all the so-called worldly chores. At times, I too start feeling overpowered by this demon called stress. However, I am quick to become aware of it and pull myself out of it. I enjoy my life, do what my heart says without any guilt, and balance my both worlds – personal and professional with equal enthusiasm and passion.
How, I will share it with you. I assure you if you start taking actions and do these small activities, you will see the positive and healthy change not only in your own life but also in the lives of those around you.
Tips to be Stress-free
1. Get up fifteen minutes earlier in the morning. It is not difficult give yourself that push.
2. Stretch your body.
3. Sit down, close your eyes and do nothing. Yes, you read it right. Do nothing. Relax; keep a watch on your breathing. Do this only for 20-30 seconds. You can give this much time to your body and mind, right? Right.
4. Everyday do something you REALLY enjoy. Listening to your favorite music, dancing, playing cards, spending time with you family, kids, talking to your best buddy, sketching, reading, writing, watching your favorite daily soap. Just for 5 minutes.
You all can take out 5 minutes from those 24 hours in a day to do what you really enjoy. Believe me you can and you should.
5. Organize your home and work space.
6. Make a list of tasks that you want to do a day before, before retiring for bed.
7. Do not procrastinate. It is stressful. Whatever you want to do tomorrow, do today.
8. Have a strong support system/network around you. In case of emergency you will feel blessed.
However, for this you have to start from yourself. You first lend helping hands to others in their time of needs. You will automatically have their support when you need.
9. Learn to say “NO!” to extra projects.
10. Last, but not the least, get enough sleep.
These are few things if taken care of will enhance the beauty of your life and reduce the stress.
For any further know-how on How to handle stress please feel free to connect with me at email@example.com
My other posts that will help you to handle your time better:
Five Ways to Be Guilt Free Working Moms (Specially for Working Moms)